the iPad 2 was gathering a bit of dust mainly because of the lack of being able to connect external devices such as hardisks and mouse. I sold the iPad off and got myself the nexus 7 32gig with wifi and 3G. I got optional extras leather case with built in keyboard and break out cable for usb devices. Im currently waiting for a small bluetooth mouse which will come in really handy. The hardward quility is amazing and the screen is lovely to look at. The tablet is really responsive and a breeze to setup. When i firs powered it on it asked me a few questions including my google account details which setup sync for my contacts and calendars and notes using google services. I used the google play app to install all my apps that i needed and amazingly only had to pay for one or two! Now the first day i got it i used it for a full day and the battery lasted the full day which i was really happy with. Ive took the device to work with me and used it for general IT work including team viewer to fix remote servers and it works great! I was so happy with the android operating system and how much it has progressed since i last used it a year a so a go i decided to dump the iPhone 4s and get myslef a nexus 4 to match and again got a nice leather case for it and im amazed with the phone, probably the best thing i ever did was loosing the iphone and ipad for the nexus 4 and 7, they are both little gems. Before you get stuck in a apple world give the androids a try you get some lovely features including desktop widgets and loads of other goodies!!!
look out for the nexus or the samsung galaxy devices awesome…
I already had a copy of this game before i bought it on the app store which i created myself for free using a wine wrapper which still works fine to this day.. i even see you can buy it of steam.. i bought it straight away for my iPhone and iPad which was good at around £3, i noticed the cloud load and save option which is great and gives more dimension to the game being able to work through the game on multiple devices and start and stop were you finish off using cloud save or load. So she i noticed on the app store version for mac book the date was december the 6, assumed it was updated like the iPad, iPhone being released the same time with the cloud save load option. So i forked out the £6 and it doesn’t work. Very disappointed, one of my all time favourites … this would have been elite but i guess they won’t add it. I can only say this is half cut and corner cutting and stupid for a feature would have brought this game back to life and improved mac gaming 100%
- These commands and actions need to be performed from an account that has administrator privileges.
- Download the image from a mirror
- Verify if the the hash key is the same (optional), in the terminal run:
- Extract the image:
- gunzip ~/installer.img.gz
- (or: just double click the zip, it will extract automatically)
- From the terminal run df -h
- Connect the sdcard reader with the sdcard inside
- Run df -h again and look for the new device that wasn’t listed last time. Record the device name of the filesystem’s partition, e.g. /dev/disk1s1
- Unmount the partition so that you will be allowed to overwrite the disk:
- sudo diskutil unmount /dev/disk1s1
- (or: open Disk Utility and unmount the partition of the sdcard (do not eject it, or you have to reconnect it)
- Using the device name of the partition work out the raw device name for the entire disk, by omitting the final “s1” and replacing “disk” with “rdisk” (this is very important: you will lose all data on the hard drive on your computer if you get the wrong device name). Make sure the device name is the name of the whole SD card as described above, not just a partition of it (for example, rdisk3, not rdisk3s1. Similarly you might have another SD drive name/number like rdisk2 or rdisk4, etc. — recheck by using the df -h command both before & after you insert your SD card reader into your Mac if you have any doubts!):
- e.g. /dev/disk1s1 => /dev/rdisk1
- In the terminal write the image to the card with this command, using the raw disk device name from above (read carefully the above step, to be sure you use the correct rdisk# here!):
- sudo dd bs=1m if=~/installer.img of=/dev/rdisk1
- if the above command report an error(dd: bs: illegal numeric value), please change bs=1M to bs=1m
- (note that dd will not feedback any information until there is an error or it is finished, information will show and disk will re-mount when complete. However if you are curious as to the progresss – ctrl-T (SIGINFO, the status argument of your tty) will display some en-route statistics).
- After the dd command finishes, eject the card:
- sudo diskutil eject /dev/rdisk1
- (or: open Disk Utility and eject the sdcard)
- Insert it in the raspberry pi, and boot to xbmc
- when booted go to settings and add-ons
- add network-manager
- configure on network manager and select your wifi and insert wep / wpa key
- pull the network cable out and enjoy wireless network
- i then installed xbmc remote on my android and iPhone
- went to system info on the xvmc and network
- added my xvmc host by mac address so it locks to the mac instead of the IP address which will change using DHCP.
This works with the belkin n300 which uses the 8192cu module this is included in raspbian version 4 and works flawlessly.
Just flashed my ds211j synology to 4.1 flashed a treat and installed the new DS video package added my used account the privileges and created a new root folder called TV shows. installed the ds video app on the iPhone and iPad – works a treat almost in the style of plex gets film information and a picture of the film. I tried to load a few films and sometimes the internal player don’t recognise the the format and starts ace player as external player which is pretty bullet proof and plays anything! its still beta but works great. Im looking forward to get a USB tv tuner for it and getting it recording TV shows for me thats a great feature! Im still thinking they should install a app so you can plug in a external DVD writer to burn files to disk over the network…..
to get the beta package go here -> http://www.synology.com/dsm/dsm4.1_beta.php
UPDATE 13 AUG 2012
although i have to say its running slow since ive installed this beta cant wait for release, CPU is maxed out, thats what you get for beta testing, you cant downgrade these boxes so i wont be doing it again 😉
Just setup my iPhone to blog to my personal blog and band website 🙂
Wordpress is cool !!
Im sorry for the few people who were messed around over xmas with URLS. Ive closed GBN as i could not get control of the domains. I need the domain all together professionally not scattered around the globe for reasons of future investments and expanding business. Im afraid this had obstacles and had to move away from the domains and name. I bought new domains – renewed all the licences to the new domain and rebuilt the whole system. The good thing is the whole system only has one bug as it stands after a full rebuild which is getting looked at no rush as it something minor.
The site main features include
- Social networking
- Music Uploads
- Facebook / Twitter Intergration
- Last.fm / Soundcloud Intergration
- Mobile Phone Client
Im just re-registering the reviews module and will be integrating today, I’ve never wrote any reviews but will try some this week I have plenty of new musical instruments and gadgets to review plus computer software reviews! So ill give it a damn good go.
Im expecting a iPad client this month and looking at adding some custom fields and upgrading the search system. Im also brainstorming a link sharing system were users can submit there own links that they think may be useful, as i have loads and sometimes forget to book mark them! So think this could be a great feature…. Its all about sharing 🙂
Im looking for advertisers so please get in touch we can look at getting you some free advertising for your business for the first year! If you can supply us with a banner and a URL.
You can sign up and join for free and also follow us on – twitter – Facebook and our blog which is being added this week….
We wish you all the best for the new year and thank you for reading – Sign up today – Connect with musicians globally….
We are available on .co.uk .net & .com and also support is enabled on them domains. The real deal!!!
Test on wordpress app on iPhone
Not bad on screen keyboard
See what I get time to blog about
While I’m sat around getting FAT